[macvoiceover] Re: Opening a blank document in Pages?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 15:38:19 -0600

Hi Ian,

I played around with Pages trying to solve this blank template mystery.  I went
into Pages preferences and set Pages to automatically open with a blank
template instead of with the template chooser window.  When I opened Pages, it
opened to a blank document, which is what I wanted.  I then went back into the
preferences and set it back to open in the template chooser window.  This time
when I opened Pages, it opened to the template chooser window with the "blank"
choice already selected.  I clicked on "choose" and, much to my surprise, a
completely blank document opened.  It seems like what was happening was that
the template either above or below the blank template was being opened.  All is
well now though!  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Russell
Sent from my iMac running Mountain Lion!