[macvoiceover] Re: Old Alex voice for Lion?

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 04:16:28 +1200

Reduce the intonation to 0, raise the pitch and speed a little, perhaps to
something like 60.
If you have a blood pressure machine available, you could use that to check
which settings are the most effective.

TF

On 22/06/2012, at 3:52 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:

Ok, this may seem like a step backwards, but I like the old Alex voice. I've
actually only heard it on recordings, like on the podcast version of the
getting started guide put out by Apple. The attempt to give Alex human sounding
intonations makes it a little tough for my brain to process. I guess I like the
slightly flatter intonation from before.

So, is it possible to get the old Alex voice for Lion? Alternatively, is there
a way to adjust the new Alex voice to sound more like the old one?

Thanks,

Ian