[macvoiceover] Re: OCR solutions for the mac?

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:04:28 -0800

Hello Mary,
I have an HP All-In-One Photosmart Printer, Scanner and FAX machine. It came
with a stripped-down version of ReadIris. So this is how I do my scanning.
Rather than choosing to do it from within ABBYY Reader, I scan first with the
built-in HP Scanning utility and save in a PDF Image only format. Then I open
the file with ABBYY Reader and convert to text. The reason I do it this way is
because the OCR process will correctly orient the files in the image. The
result is rather close to no errors at all on most scanning I do. I have also
done a little book scanning with really good results.
HTH
Dan