[macvoiceover] Navigating tables section in the VoiceOver Getting Started Guide

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:51:01 -0600

I've been doing some *read the darn manual* work withe the VoiceOver Gettign
Started Guide, and have some questions about the navigating tables section
within Chapter 5, navigating Content.
I know there has been a lot on the list about the inaccessibility of tables in
text documents, but in the guide it says you can navigate  tables in text
areas, and gives instructions on how to get row and ccolumn information and
sort rows and columns.

Snd so my question, what exactly does this apply to? What kind of text area
allows for this type of table interaction, what applications etc.? Does it only
apply to text areas of documents you create, or is there a way to import a
table based document and use the information steps i the guide to work with it?

Thanks,

Ian