[macvoiceover] NFB Newsline

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:55:28 -0500 (CDT)

Does anybody know whether NFB Newsline has any plans to make downloads accessible to anybody but Windows users. Unfortunately they use an application to manage downloads which requires Windows. Unfortunately in VMware, I've never been able to get my Stream recognized by Windows although it's recognized fine on the Mac and in Linux; it shuts down in Windows with vmware although I know there are people using it successfully with vmware; Humanware says they've seen this happen with some computers but could give no hint as to how to resolve the issue. It isn't the end of the world; I can use the phone or subscribe by email and then download onto the Stream, but I just wondered if anybody knew if any alternative for the Mac is upcoming. Certainly I can ask Newsline directly about this but thought somebody on the list might have information in this regard if any was available.

Tia.

--
Cheryl