[macvoiceover] Mousekeys Problem with Macbook

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 21:24:34 -0500

Hi all.

Carla has an older macbook (2007). In the past, when mouse-keys were off, she
didn't have to worry about activating anyting when she touched or moved across
or hit the trackpad but the trackpad was active when mouse-keys were on. Now
this seems to have been reversed; if mouse-keys are on, she doesn't have
incidental movement from hitting the trackpad but she has a problem when
mouse-keys are off. Since I don't have a laptop I'm baffled; either one of the
upgrades changed this behavior or somebody else who used her computer on ebay
while she wasn't home changed settings. We've been all through system
preferences trying to figure this out. Carla would like to have mouse-keys off
and just hit the option key five times and turn mouse-keys on when she is going
to use them but now she can't do that because the trackpad will do unintended
things when mouse-keys are off. Can anybody please tell me what might be going
on here?

Thanks.

--
Cheryl