[macvoiceover] Re: Mail List

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:24:53 -0700

Ok, this is off the top of my head, but I just did it yesterday so hopefully
won't skip any steps.

In Contacts, go to the file menu and hit create new group. there is a keyboard
command, but I can never remember it.

You will be in the groups section of contacts, with an untitled group, type
your group name.

To get back to your name table for all your contacts, arrow up to the top of
the groups table until you hear all contacts. Then stop interacting and VO
right to your table.

To add members to your newly created group, select them from the table, then
copy with command c. Remember you can select multiple non-contiguous entries by
using VO command space. Just make sure that you are interacting with the names
table before you try this, or you will spend many minutes wondering why you
have suddenly had your brain sucked out, or why this feature doesn't work
anymore.

Once you have your names selected and copied, VO left back to the group table,
interact with it, arrow down to your group and press command V for paste.

That's the long way of doing it, but it's also how you add names to an existing
group. You can also select your names, then in the file menu there is an option
for new group from selection.

Once you have your group created and populated, you can either enter the group
name in the to field of an email, or from the group table you can go to your
group, then open the shortcut menu with VO shift m, and then enter on send mail
to group.

What I think should be there is an option to add an entry directly to a group
like you can add a song to a playlist in iTunes using the shortcut menu. Anyone
know if this exists and I'm just missing it? Also, if anyone knows a way to do
the above groups process with fewer steps I'd love to hear it.

Cheers,

Ian