[macvoiceover] Re: MLB.com at bat 2010 for iPHone and iPod touch, is it worth the $14.95 it's priced at?

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:52:10 -0500

What do you mean by "I think I just subscribed to the whole thing?" There are
two levels of TV subscription, both of which also give you access to the audio
feeds. Then there's the gameday audio itself for the computer, which I
understand is now part of At Bat but still separate from the iPhone app. I'm
tempted to upgrade to one of the TV subscriptions because sometimes the audio
is better with those than the radio feeds--the way you can hear the bat crack
etc. is really neat. But it's probably not really worth upgrading just for
that. At least last year, if you had one of the TV subscriptions and the iPhone
At Bat subscription, you could login with your TV password and get the TV
games, I assume with video though I'm not sure. But with the TV subscriptions
you have to remember that some games get blacked out, either nationally or for
your area. But the audio feeds from the radio stations are not subject to
blackout.

It definitely does use the battery on the iPhone though I don't really have a
measurement for you. I just grab my Gum Pro and plug it in to the iPhone to
charge it and keep on listening.

--

Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,