[macvoiceover] Re: Louis for MacOS X

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:36:58 -0500

Cheryl and Keith,

You need to use the Spanish translation table. It is in the lbx_files
directory and is called something like es-es-g1.ctb. I have used it for
Spanish aooks, and the accented letters come out with the proper braille
dot patterns.

If louis encounters a character that hasn't been defined it puts it in
the output in the form '\xhhhh' Where the h's are hexadecimal digits.
You can then define it with an entry in the translation table using one
of the character-definition opcodes.

John

--
John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.