[macvoiceover] Re: List of emails

  • From: Ian Robinson <ian228@xxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:45:33 +0100

Hi Cara,

Thanks for your replies, especially as you put things so well. I'll try and check out your article on Lyoncourt later, though I think it would do me good to have a day away from both Windows and Mac! :-)

As for putting Windows on the Mac, rather than buying a new laptop, I am tempted to do that. I doubt any Windows laptop would have better speakers or battery life.

thanks again.

Ian

On 13 Sep 2008, at 20:59, Cara Quinn wrote:

Ian, If it's a choice of staying with the Mac and installing windows or selling the Mac, I'd definitely stay with the Mac, as it's not only a very high quality system, but you'll have more than one option available to you in terms of OS, if you choose. This is a really good thing. <smile>

 Best of luck on whatever you choose.  Have a great day!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Sep 13, 2008, at 6:37 AM, Ian Robinson wrote:

Hi Keith,

I appreciate what you are saying, but I'm finding the Mac so frustrating. Sure, I only got my MacBook a month ago, but I find myself wanting to go back to windows! I'm not sure whether to stick with the Mac, install Vista using BootCamp, or just sell the Mac and buy a Vista laptop instead.

Don't all start offering me your hard earned dollars though! I'm in the UK and wouldn't want to be shipping the MacBook abroad. :-)

Ian

On 12 Sep 2008, at 19:25, Keith Reedy wrote:

Ian,

I have been using the MAC for more than 3 years now. I use a full keyboard most of the time. A laptop is a little more labor intensive, because of having to use the modafier, FN key, however, all in all, I have found the MAC much and I do mean much easier to use and very dependable. A few more keystrokes from time to time, but, a small price to pay.

Keith Reedy

On Sep 12, 2008, at 2:09 PM, Ian Robinson wrote:

David and Keith,
Thanks for your replies. Not sure whether to be pleased that I hadn't missed something simple or just disappointed that the Mac often seems to require more key strokes than Windows
Ian

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn