[macvoiceover] Re: Ipod shuffle information. for Ron.

  • From: "Ronald Johnson" <ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:28:23 -0600

Keith,

If you're referring to this: 256 songs, 17:13:50 total time, 958.6 MB, I'm already familiar with this, as this has never been a problem. Also, I know that if you mouse-click on this info, how it is presented changes.

What I thought you were talking about, earlier, was all the settings you can make to your iPod: Soundcheck, whether or not to use it as a flash drive, whether or not to have iTunes come up when you plug the iPod in, the ability to restore your Shuffle to factory settings, etc. That, as far as I know, we've never been able to see. Now, though, for some inexplicable reason, I can't even see the actual songs in my Shuffle - at least not the way I'm able to with discs, "Smart" playlists, podcasts, etc - strictly using VO.

Something has definitely changed in this update, that's for sure!

Ron

Ron,

When you get to the top of your play list on your ipod, press VO keys- up arrow and you will be taken in to a list, which among other things will give you the number of things you have on your ipod and the number of hours.

HTH.