[macvoiceover] Re: Iphone - OGG Files

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:45:51 -0400

you can do it with itunes with an ogg plugin. this allows itunes and quicktime to play the files. once you have them opened in itunes, you can convert them to mp3 or apple lossless through the itunes advanced menu. what they are converted to is dependant on the import settings in itunes preffs.

quality varies depending on the start and end points. if you have a poorly encoded ogg file, there's little you can do to fix it but if the quality is good to start with, you can convert to a high mp3 vbr and get good results. if you want to tinker further, you'll probably want to invest in one of the other conversion utilities. actually, they are audio utilities but I don't know what they are.

search for "ogg for mac" in google and you'll find a ton of info on this.

My understanding is that you lose a lot of sound quality if you do that. If I decide to do it, what utility should I use to do it?

On 2009-09-15, at 10:48 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

turn them into mp3, aiff or m4a.

On Sep 15, 2009, at 9:51 PM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

Is there a way of making an Iphone play ogg files?

Rejean Proulx

Rejean Proulx