[macvoiceover] Re: How to get rid of Skype?

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:29:33 -0700

Hi Rovin, what you should do is, first, making sure you kept the .dmg
file, which is the disc image of skype, go in to your applications
folder with command shift a, and move skype to the trash, then, find
the disc image of skype, and open this up with command o, and once you
select your view, arrow down to the skype.app, copy this to the clip
board, and go to the applications folder with command shift A, and
paste it in with command v, and run the application to install it, and
then eject the skype icon from the finder with command e, and see if
that will stop the skype icon from coming back.
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:38:12 +0200, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi all,
I just downloaded Skype and, after downloading, a folder with the
Skype application was opened. After opening that, I had to enter my
Skype id and password and it signed me in, I also found it to be quite

VO accessible. After just restarting the Mac, I had "Skype" next to
macintosh hd. This seems to be a folder, after opening that I again
found a Skype application, but when I tried to open that nothing
happened... So what I'd like to try now is uninstall Skype and
reinstall it to see if that fixes the problem. But how can I uninstall

it? I tried to delete the Skype next to macintosh hd, but this won't
work, only thing I can do is eject it and then, after restarting it's
back... Is there anything special I have to do?
Robin

Marty