[macvoiceover] Re: How do I get rid of the headings from emails?

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:34:49 -0800

Hi Carla, if it's important to you to keep this as email and not convert it to another format, then try this.

• open the message you'd like to trim

• press command r to reply

• interact with the new message

• use VO arrows to navigate to the beginning of the material you'd like to keep

• press VO enter to begin selecting

• press VO shift home to move to the beginning of the message

• press VO enter again to stop selecting

• press command X to cut text

• Save the message in your drafts mailbox

and there you have it! YOu should now have a message with only the text you want in it. You can now move that message to any mailbox you'd like.

HTH and have a pleasant evening!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jan 3, 2009, at 8:55 PM, Carla Roller wrote:

I have a great deal of mail that I have saved such as interesting stories and recipes that have been forwarded to me. However, I want to get rid of all the other names that come at the beginning of the mail. sometimes there may be 50 or more names or forwards. I have a sighted friend who gets rid of all the "junk" before she sends me something. I know that she copies and pastes, but I want to beable to fix the mail sent by others before I move it to its home in the separate mailboxes that I have created. Is that possible to do? If not, is there a way that I can get to the beginning of the actual body of the message (for example,) the beginning of the story after all the forwarded names? I have a mac book and I have tried using the fn key with the up and down arrows, but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. Carla

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn