[macvoiceover] Re: Help

  • From: Ray Foret jr <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:20:51 -0600

Tony, you might want to try pressing the FN key along with the command+F5 key.
That's what I had to do at first also.  The reason is that your system, most
likely, is set up so that your function keys perform hardware functions rather
than software functions.  Here's another consideration.  When I first got my
Mac Book Pro, and started it up, the screen I was on was the language screen.
It defaulted to US English and so I had only to press enter.  Once I heard the
music fade away, FN+command+F5 triggered Voice Over and I was able then to
proceed.

HTH.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray!!!

Now a Mac User!!!

Phone:
+1 (985) 360-3614

E-mail:
rforetjr at comcast dot net

Skype Name:
barefootedray

On Dec 11, 2009, at 9:15 AM, blind Treasures wrote:

I just received my Imac but I can't get voicve over to come on. I have a
regular USB keyboard connected, not one from apple, I pressed the alt key
which I think is the command key on the apple, then the f5 key. All I get is
a bong. All the keys just make a bonging sound. Any help would be greatly
appreciated..

Tony