[macvoiceover] He managed to figure out what I was going to purchase and told me he does not want one. *sighs in disappointment* So he *is* getting a gift card after all.

  • From: Jane Jordan <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:46:04 -0500

Now to go back into the fray of online shopping. Amazon.com and SJGames.com here I come.

Jane

On Nov 30, 2007, at 9:34 AM, MaryLee Perkins wrote:

I'd give it to him in the box, and let him set it up. It will only take a few min to load music and audible books. I just bought my first ipod, after having two other mp3 players. I love it. I can load my entire audible library, from the past five years, if I want to and have room left over for lectures and all kinds of podcasts.
Good luck,
MLP
On Nov 30, 2007, at 7:01 AM, Jane Jordan wrote:

Can't load it on his present. He is sighted, so it would take up space for him.

Jane

On Nov 29, 2007, at 11:10 PM, MaryLee Perkins wrote:

Dear Jane,
Many of the ipods can use freeware software called Rock box. It replaces the ipod software, for some that is accessible. The Rock box software will speak the menus, and the song titles. You can learn about it at www.rockbox.org
Here is a link for their blind users.
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BlindUsersIndex
I hope this will help you make a desicion about a player for your husband.
MLP
On Nov 29, 2007, at 7:42 PM, Jane Jordan wrote:

I am seriously considering purchasing an iPod shuffle as a present for my husband. I am also pondering loading music onto it for him. If I were to do this, would he still be able to set it up the way he liked when he actually got the present? Or would it be best to just give it to him with nothing on it and let him customize it out of the box ...

Jane