[macvoiceover] Group vs Dom mode in Dictionary widget

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:52:20 -0700

  Hey All, hope yer' all having a wonderful day / weekend!…

As I'm doing a bit of experimentation / getting used to Group mode again after a few months away from it, I've found a bit of an annoying problem. In the Dictionary widget, I can't seem to read the actual definition while in group mode. VO navigation only allows me to move between the edit field and the pop-up button to select dictionary / thesaurus etc. I tried using the tab key to see what would happen and same dealie! <smile>

I then tried to read the entire window with VO shift W and was able to see that there was the html area in addition to the edit field and pop-up button, but alas, no dice. VO would simply say 'html content' as it read the window.

So I'm wondering has anyone else encountered this? -And, have you found any work arounds? Am I missing something?…

Thanks very much and have a lovely rest of your weekend!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

---
View my Online Portfolio at: