[macvoiceover] Re: Got my air!!!

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:09:26 -0500

Congratulations on getting  your Air and having it up and running.

1.  As far as I know, command-option-control-f2 doesn't close an application so
I'm a bit puzzled as to where you are reading that. command-q quits an
application. If an application is unresponsive and won't quit, you would use
command-option-escape which brings up a force quit applications dialog but
that's the closest thing I can think of to what you mention in your post.

2. Do control-option-m twice and either the battery status should be right
there or you might have to do control-option-left or right arrow until you find
that item. To get out of the menus, press escape. Things will be a little
different depending on whether your computer shipped with Lion or Mountain Lion.

3. are you having to log in or are you automatically being logged in? If you
are being automatically logged in, voiceover should start up when the computer
starts if you had it on when you shut down or restarted. If you have it set so
that you have to log in, it's a little more complicated because you have to
enable voiceover to come up in the login window and I have to quit to get ready
for church so maybe somebody else can take that one. Yeah, whoever explains
this can call me a coward (grin!) but i really do have to get off this computer
now and get moving; I only stopped to do this much because it was a new user
needing help.

Hth.

3.

--