[macvoiceover] Fwd: Proposed Mozilla accessibility strategy

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:37:29 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Frank Hecker <hecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: April 19, 2009 12:26:21 PM EDT
To: dev-accessibility@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Proposed Mozilla accessibility strategy

My apologies for not posting this earlier. I have written and published a proposed high-level strategy for Mozilla-related accessibility efforts:

 https://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/Strategy

Note that this is not a detailed roadmap for future work, and not a firm commitment to fund or perform such work. Rather it is intended to provide a context within within which we can make overall decisions about where we should concentrate funding and effort. This is especially important because our resources are very much finite, and we will need to make decisions about what we should do and what we should leave undone or leave to others to do.

This is very much a work in progress, and I'll be revising this over time to reflect changed circumstances and priorities. I've reviewed the document with a number of people involved in Mozilla accessibility efforts, and would be happy to consider further revisions based on public comments.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
hecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx