[macvoiceover] Fwd: Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems

  • From: Orin <orin.angi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 20:48:36 -0400

Hi all,

Figured I'd pass this along to all the Mac lists for us as well, due to the fact that this is yet another totally accessible game with VoiceOver. Some web games work better on windows than on Mac. On this game, they are both equal, so that's why I'm sending it. Check it out if you like RTS, resource management, and Golems.
Orin
orin.angi@xxxxxxxxx
MSN: joshuatubbs1@xxxxxxx
Skype: orin1112

Do you like mudding? To discuss related  topics, go here.
http://www.tbmic.jiglu.com

Do you like audio books? Would you like to hear them with enritching sound, music and acting? Stop reading books from the NLS, and go to http://www.graphicaudio.net , you'll be glad you did. I don't work there, but I love them so much I have to advertise them in every email I send.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Orin <orin.angi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: April 5, 2008 8:41:26 PM EDT
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems

Hey all,

Thanks to a post on the Audio Games forum, I've found a resource management game that's worth playing. You're a Golem craftsman, and you construct your own golems from parts which are then made from resources to attack players and monsters with. That's not all, though. When you sign up, you have a workshop, complete with a worktable to atatch parts to golems and also to repair cevered limbs in combat. Also, the game actually has a world. Your workshop has a location, where you can go out as your character and see the surrounding areas of it. Also, the combat descriptions aren't detailed, but they're nice enough to read, unlike other games where it's just a table of numbers with nothing about advancement, etc, it's always presented in a spreadsheat-like form, but not here. Each event is a round, and events aren't placed in the same rounds, providing easier reading of combat results.

I haven't yet provided the compus, but if there is anyone on here who plays from the AGF, do you know if the map screen used in other areas is the same as the other map? If it's the same, well then I think this is the first game with exploring that I've seen where maps are accessible, finally!

Check it out at: http://www.muelsfell.com and be sure to enter "Origa" without quotes into the refer field. Just wondering if anyone knows what the refer thing does anyway, when someone refers you?

Thanks.