[macvoiceover] Re: Fw: [Skypeenglish] FW: Skype 2.8 Beta for Mac

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:20:14 +0100

I also noticed you can view the history clearer, and the buttons in the tool bar are different, the hang up button moved but makes life much easier. keep on the good work skype. :)

On 9 Apr 2009, at 16:42, Brandon Misch wrote:

one difference i know of is the audio quality is better than in 2.7 or the earlier 2.8 beta.

On Apr 9, 2009, at 12:52 AM, Dan Eickmeier wrote:

Don't notice any difference in this second beta release as of yet, as far as accessibility with VO.
On Apr 8, 2009, at 3:29 PM, Matthew Elliff wrote:

i've had it for a while now.

On 4/8/09, Jeffrey Shockley, School Laptop Edition <jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Jeffrey Shockley
E-Mail:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx,
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx,
jawswizard@xxxxxxx,
jshockley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN:
jeffreyshockley@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx
Google Talk:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx
AIM:
jawswizard
Skype:
jawswizard
Author: Raul
Subject: Skype 2.8 Beta for Mac

Today we have released an update to Skype 2.8 Beta for Mac.

We've ironed out some of the issues which found their way into the first beta release, most visibly you'll see improvements to Skype Access and
screen sharing.

We highly recommend that everyone on Skype 2.8 Beta for Mac upgrade
<http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-macosx-beta> to the new version and for

others who are willing to experiment a bit to try it out
<http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-macosx-beta> . Please keep in mind that it's still a beta version so it might show not act exactly as you expect from time to time. If you notice anything then please let us know about it

by commenting on this blog, discussing things on our forums
<http://forum.skype.net> or by submitting an issue report on our issue
tracker <https://developer.skype.com/jira/> .

The full list of changes for the new version (2.8.0.438) are:

* improvement: added Retry button to the Skype Access window
* improvement: consistency with other Mac apps: added shortcut for Show Offline Contacts, moved Make Text commands to View menu, use Clear instead

of Delete wording
* improvement: improved enabling of the video and screensharing buttons
based on the receiver's capabilities
* improvement: improved toolbar button image rendering
* improvement: improved new chat handling
* improvement: some string adjustments
* improvement: some internal optimizations and improvements
* change: spectator window for screen sharing
* change: My Account page embedded in the client
* bugfix: Skype didn't hide on OS X login
* bugfix: copy/paste from chats was not working correctly
* bugfix: sometimes Skype froze for a couple of seconds when starting or
stopping screen sharing
* bugfix: screen sharing windows could be left on screen when a call was
joined to a conference
* bugfix: PiP didn't appear in full screen when receiving screen sharing * bugfix: the overlay didn't appear for fullscreen screen sharing and then

the exit fullscreen button didn't work
* bugfix: fullscreen mode would exit after a held call was resumed
* bugfix: call could not be ended after being redirected to voicemail * bugfix: the call window layout was broken if the dialpad was shown
during a video call
* bugfix: URLs inside brackets were not clickable
* bugfix: sometimes Skype crashed after deleting missed events without
reading them
* bugfix: sometimes Skype Access sessions were not terminated properly * bugfix: sometimes Skype Access session durations were not displayed
accurately
* bugfix: sometimes extending a Skype Access session didn't work as
expected
* bugfix: after signing in as another user, it was not possible to start a

Skype Access session
* bugfix: it was possible to start a new Skype Access session before
previous one had finished
* bugfix: Start Skype Access menu item was disabled when not signed in * bugfix: Skype Access session appeared in red after extending the session * bugfix: sometimes there were two controversial messages about Skype
Access availability
* bugfix: sometimes Skype crashed when leaving a chat
* bugfix: history was not picking up display names from Address Book for
text messages
* bugfix: text on screen sharing selection buttons was misaligned on Tiger * bugfix: warning icon was not removed after extending online number
* bugfix: after auto-recharge, balance pane had space on the right
* bugfix: fixed enabling of Quick Add button in text-only toolbar mode * bugfix: sometimes (null) was added as a SkypeOut display name instead of

the one specified
* bugfix: ESC key now closes emoticon roster as it should
* bugfix: fixed text positioning on Tiger for screen sharing selection
window buttons
* bugfix: if remote contact cancels a file transfer then sometimes it
still appeared as pending on the receiver side
* bugfix: do not set to status to away during screensaver when auto away
is set to 0 minutes
* bugfix: the PiP video could draw over Mute/Hold/Transfer overlays
* bugfix: fixed video toolbar button enabling for the case where there is
no camera or video is disabled
* bugfix: fullscreen button and PiP views did not appear on Panther and
Tiger if "keep call windows in front" option was turned on
* bugfix: fullscreen view was not displayed correctly when entering full
screen from the screen sharing spectator window
* bugfix: multiple call windows were left open when calls failed
* bugfix: call overlay window could appear without the call window if the
call window was minimised while the other party was starting video
* bugfix: fixed window resizing issues when the other party was starting and stopping video which occurred because the wrong window sizes were
being stored in defaults
* bugfix: call window would resize incorrectly when the call was put on
hold then resumed
* bugfix: the call window's fullscreen button could end up in the wrong
position when exiting full screen while receiving screen sharing
* bugfix: call window resizes when entering and exiting full screen mode
while receiving screen sharing
* bugfix: emoticon button rendered before the chat window
* bugfix: fixed double free error when exiting fullscreen using the escape

key
* bugfix: fixed crash on chat close because overlay window was being
double deallocated
* bugfix: fixed incorrect call window layout which sometimes occurred if
the connection was dropped
* bugfix: window did not resize correctly when showing the dialpad (it
could extend offscreen) if the computer had multiple displays
* bugfix: dialpad was not shown when exiting full screen
* bugfix: fixed bad volume slider layout in call window which could occur
when answering a video call during an existing video call
* bugfix: fixed exception being thrown because emoticon button was
observing a dealloced chat
* bugfix: fixed Quick Add window positioning when item was not first in
the toolbar
* bugfix: the Quick Add toolbar item appears pressed in all chat windows * bugfix: the dialpad could expand partially offscreen when it was shown,
by moving the call window fully onscreen after the dialpad is shown
* bugfix: the call window layout was broken if the toolbar was shown or
hidden during a video call
* bugfix: when assigning multiple contacts to groups screen refreshing was

very slow
* bugfix: adjusted layout of Quick Add window and make sure it doesn't run

under the Dock when it's on the left or right
* bugfix: added limits to the maximum width of the slider in the call
window
* bugfix: removed a small visual glitch after reducing size of contact
list
* bugfix: fixed small problem with rendering flags in chat
* bugfix: after restart, second chat window didn't remember its size and
position
* bugfix: prevent the user from calling their own online number
* bugfix: chat window was not closed after database mount error
* localizations updated
* Skype API: implemented get skypeversion
* Skype API: implemented: get chat x dialog_partner
* Skype API: open options command only accepted uppercase properties
* Skype API: implemented ping

View
<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SkypeGarage/~3/R2jjVdMYMBQ/skype_28_beta_for_mac_1.html >

article...

Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To access scripts for the
latest version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype
To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
thanks and have a wonderful day.