[macvoiceover] Re: Fusion and Windows on my Mac

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 16:39:58 -0700

Hi Dave,
I was going to use NVDA. I thought I'd just run it as a VM, then if I ever wanted to remove it, it would be a snap. I'm probably not interested in running Windows natively.
Dan
keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Apr 4, 2009, at 3:52 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

Dan, the only reason to run windows under fusion is if you want to run both operating systems at the same time. There are issues with vms and jaws for instance but I have seen that they can be gotten around. if on te other hand, you don't need to run both operating systems at the same time, you can use bootcamp and swap between operating systems when needed at boot. I don't know what windows you need to run under fusion, but the only restriction for bootcamp is that it be sp2 or higher and published directly by microsoft so if you have a version of windows that came with your del for instance, that is discouraged.

On Apr 4, 2009, at 6:27 PM, Dan wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm planning on running Windows on my Mac under fusion. I am only doing this because of those 1 or 2 times I unfortunately need to use Windows. Are there any places in Fusion where the install for Windows may not run smoothly from a VO standpoint? Also, Is it necessary to run a retail version of Windows XP? Or can I run an OEM full version?
Thanks,
Dan
keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx