[macvoiceover] Re: Flash player help

  • From: Olivia Norman <olivianorman@xxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 04:38:12 -0700

So I see the install button, but when I hit VO space, it doesn't activate.
Forcing the mouse with the VO keys doesn't seem to activate the button, either,
though tabbing as suggested did get me to the install button, so that's
progress! :)
How do I actually get this installed?
Thanks,
Olivia

On Jul 30, 2012, at 4:33 AM, Olivia Norman wrote:

> Thanks so much!
> Olivia
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 30, 2012, at 4:58 AM, Ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> You have to tab through the installer. Once the installer is open, tab to
>> the 'i accept' checkbox, press space once, then tab to the install button.
>> Give it a while to complete (about a minut), and then press tab to 'done'
>> and press space once again.
>>
>> On 30/07/2012 06:31, Olivia Norman wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>> I'm wondering if anyone has succeeded in installing the latest version of
>>> adobe flash player, 11.3?
>>> When I attempt to do this, the installer appears to be inaccessible with
>>> VoiceOver.  When I launch the install manager, all I get is an image, which
>>> I can't interact with or use VO to navigate beyond. Occasionally, I'll get
>>> a dialog asking me to check to indicate that I've read the terms and
>>> conditions, but once I activate the checkbox, I can't go any further with
>>> the install process, I just get the image again, which I can't do anything
>>> wih.
>>> I've tried forcing the mouse over it, and using VO to click the mouse, but
>>> to no avail.  Has anyone found a work around for this?  I need to install
>>> the latest version of flash in order to access pandora and some youtube
>>> content, and would love any suggestions!
>>> Thanks,
>>> Olivia