[macvoiceover] Re: Firewire? - was Re: Some what OT,,, No firewire on the new MACs?

  • From: "VaShaun Jones" <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:02:37 -0400

Digital Cameras and Camcorders for one. Other computers for another. It's the fastest connection out. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Krister Ekstrom" <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:40 PM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Firewire? - was Re: Some what OT,,, No firewire on the new MACs?

Hey folks, Excuse me for asking a somewhat dumb question here, but what can you use Firewire for more than for hard drives? In other words, what more can be connected via FW?
/Krister

15 okt 2008 kl. 17.45 skrev Keith Reedy:

Hi folks,

If I am reading the spects correctly on the new MacBooks, no firewire. I use firewire for a backupdrive and a few other things,

Anybody know what the workaround will be.

Thanks.

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link  below.
//www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover