[macvoiceover] Re: FaceBook and VO

  • From: May McDonald <mcdonald.may@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:20:43 -0800

If you no how to update the profiles under the mobile site then please let me know because I've never found it. The help page even says it has to be updated using the full site.

On 2009-11-03, at 12:32 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Maybe for the pictures, but not for some other information...

You can only do updates for your profile and pictures and things like that through the full site for facebook.
On 2009-11-03, at 6:19 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Well, I hunted down the section in the FB help pages (dismal for such an enormously popular site), learned how to change my profile and attempted to do so. As far as I could tell, the mobile site (m.facebook.com ) either doesn't support updating profiles or the place to do so is completely invisible to a VO user. I don't know if the failure is inaccessible content or a VO bug in how it renders information for its users.

I also could not find a place to set profile information in the FB iPhone application. It may be there but poking around for a while in places that sounded like they may be interesting provided me with no satisfaction.

The full site (www.facebook.com) had the functionality but in a manner that made it difficult but not impossible to use with VO. Nonetheless, I would describe this feature of the otherwise very accessible FB site as a failure in my evaluation of how screen access utilities interact with the site.

cdh