[macvoiceover] Re: Dictation Software

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:45:00 -0700

Hi Chris, Steve Sawczyn did a demonstration of mac speech dictate on
one of his programs, and you can go to
http://www.atmain.com/show
for the archive of that show, and there, you might be able to obtain
his email address.
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:13:17 -0400, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

I'm really struggling with MacSpeech Dictate.  It does a terrific job
recognizing speech but a number of features, including the "correct
that" command that gives the user the ability to both fix  an
incorrect translation by the software and also add the term and its
sound to its dictionary to improve recognition  in the future.  Some
of the commands partially work but one can get stuck in a dialogue
with no obvious or even obscure way out that I could find.

I have two questions:

>> Question 1:  Is there a dictation program, even one with a lower
>> quality out of the box, that works well with VO?
>
>> 2.  Does anyone know of a VO user who is successfully using
>> MacSpeach Dictate to make reasonably long documents?  If so, please
>> provide me with a contact so I might learn a few tricks.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

Marty