[macvoiceover] Current state of things for GPS on iPhone?

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:36:38 -0700

Hello list, I'm taking a trip in a few weeks, wondering if it is worth it to go
with just my iPhone instead of bringing my Trekker breeze along. It's actually
more of a matter of whether or not it's worth it to load the maps for the state
will be visiting on the unit if there is a simpler solution using my iPhone.

So, what's working? I would prefer a standalone app with data stored directly
on the phone, as I will be visiting from Canada and our data plans are her
horrendus if we have to travel in the states.

I also noticed the other day that it's possible to download local maps for
Google maps, has anyone done this? I haven't use Google maps all that much just
because of the aforementioned data issue, I'm on a fairly limited plan to save
money, I spend most of my life within a Wi-Fi enabled bubble.

Thanks for any help and wisdom,

ian>