[macvoiceover] Calendar app

  • From: David Chittenden <dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: I devices <idevices@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, viphone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 18:23:06 +1000

Apple has made a few excellent changes to the native iOS calendar app. All of
these changes work well with VoiceOver.

Location field: THE first time location field is activated (double-tap or
split-tap), calendar asks for permission to use location navigation. If
granted, things become very interesting. Enter an address or a contact name (if
address is available in contacts), or a POI (if available in Apple Maps
(internet connection required) and Calendar will give a list of suggestions
with properly formatted address. I used it to get address for my city airport.
Double-tap the selection desired to have it added to the location field.

Travel time: Calendar lets one select a travel time to be added to the
beginning of the appointment. A desired starting address can be selected for
iOS to calculate approximate travel time based on Apple Maps calculations. In
my case, because I use Apple Maps primarily in walking mode, I can choose
between driving time and walking time. It also gives up to two hours that may
be selected. When this feature is activated, alerts occur before travel time.

Custom schedule: Apple finally added custom for future appointments. One can
now choose which days of the week and week intervals. I do not yet know if one
can select specific date of the month as I have not yet tried to do so.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone>