[macvoiceover] Beginner questions

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 09:40:19 -0400

Hi all,

    I'm new here. I listened to the podcast about the Mac at Blind Cool
Tech. I bought a Mac Mini, and have been playing with it. I'm coming from a
Windows background. Does anyone have any recommendations of programs for...
1. Book keeping? On Windows, I'm using APH's "Money Talks."
2. Audio recording/editing? On Windows, I'm using APH's "Studio Recorder,"
"Cool Edit Pro," and "Gold Wave."
3. Extracting audio from DVD's? On Windows, I'm using "DVD Audio Extractor."
I've found Max to be a good program for ripping CDs.
    Also, in Voice Over, is there a way to read an entire scroll area at
once? E.G. you've just loaded a very large PDF or web page which you want to
read straight through, without having to mess with the keyboard.
Thanks for any help.
Jayson