[macvoiceover] Re: Are there any tips for syncing ipod?

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:43:10 -0400

dunno, but I always turn off artwork and don't use the visuallizers.

On Apr 7, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Brett Campbell wrote:

Thanks David. This will help big time. I'm wondering if you know if there is a VoiceOver performance difference when selecting either the Itunes Visualizer or the Itunes Classic Visualizer in the View menu?

Thanks,

Brett

On Apr 7, 2009, at 5:53 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

brett, there are several ways to sync your IPod, but I am going to describe theone that is most likely the easiest. create an ITunes library just for your IPod. to do this, start ITunes and immediately press the option key. you will be asked to choose or create an ITunes library. the first time, choose create and give it a name that you will recognize as for your nano for future reference.

Now, when you want to do something IPod related, you can make sure you are in that library by pressing option just after starting ITunes and click choose library and choose the library you have created.

Creation of this ITunes library actually creates an entirely new copy of your ITunes folder and names it whatever you called your nano library when you created it.

Tip: the last library opened will be the default library till you press option at itunes start and choose the other.

On Apr 7, 2009, at 2:08 AM, Brett Campbell wrote:

My music collection is much larger than the capacity of my ipod. I'm wondering if there are any tips for expediting the selection to sync onto my Nano. I appreciate the patients of the list members for hitting you with so many questions in such a short time. I hope to have the basics covered soon.

Thanks,

Brett