[macvoiceover] Airport express questions

  • From: "Scott Rutkowski" <scott7442@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 05:06:48 +1100

HI all.

I'm thinking about buying an airport express so I can listen to my music
remotely on a stereo in another room away from my mac.
Excuse my ignorance here but i've not played with an airport express before and
am wondering a few things.
Firstly does the airport express recieve it's power via a plugg pack which you
plugg in to the wall outlet near your stereo to recieve power?
Secondly once you have used the airport utility to configure the device, I
assume you simply use the remote speakers option in iTunes and the music you
select in iTunes simply streams over your network to the airport express which
is located near your stereo?
Also there's no way to somehow use the iMac remote to control iTunes out near
the stereo is there?
The stereo is about 20 metres away in another room.
There would be no way of using a macbook to control the iTunes library on the
iMac to which the airport express is connected would there?

I am thinking the macbook could be near the airport express and the music would
stream via the macbook and this would also work.
Is there any kind of lag or any brake up while the music is being streamed via
airport express?
I know with some of the fm transmittors you can buy sometimes interfearance and
or other issues can occurr and the music brakes up and sounds terrible.

I take it also while the music is streaming you don't hear voice over through
the airport express just the music itself? Finally is iTunes the only
application the airport express works with for streaming?
Thanks to anyone who can answer the above questions.