[macvoiceover] Re: After you have installed the new kitty, Repairing permissions.; also, the dock is your friend

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:37:20 -0400

Hi,

I recommend repairing permissions from the recovery partition, not from the OS
itself.  This does a more thurough job.  To do this, restart your Mac. When you
hear the start up chime, hold down command R.  Wait about a minute and press
command F5 to turn VO on.  select disk utility from the table and your all set.
 When done, go to the apple menu and select restart and you will boot back into
Mountain Lion.

hth

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx