[macvoiceover] Re: Adding a Signature to messages in Mail

  • From: Ray Foret Jr <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:01:45 -0600

First thing is that you need to create a signature to be used in Mail.  Just
open the preferences in Mail and select the signature tab.  From here, you'll
choose whether the signature should be for all accounts or just your currently
active account; the choice is yours.  Next, VO+right arrow until you hear "new
signature" then vo+space on it.  You'll be placed in the name field.  Type a
name for your signature.  At this point, I find it easiest to shift+tab out of
the field.  Next, VO+right until you come to the field where you enter the text
you wish.  You'll be able to recognize it because it will contain both your
name and e-mail address.  Write what you wish and make it appear according to
what you want.  Now, if you VO+right past this, you'll see other choices which
control how your signature is presented and which signature you wish to use, if
any.  This area gets a little buggy from time to time, so, you may need to sort
of just play around in it till things look the way you want.  Then, when you're
happy with what you've got, just close the menus.  If you've chosen a signature
block in your adjustments while you were in menus, this choice is honored for
every e-mail automatically unless you change it.  As you're composing a new
message, and while you're tabbing from the subject line to the body of your
message, you'll see a pop up button which will allow you to choose a different
signature on the fly; assuming you wish to do so.

HTH.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

E-Mail: