[macvoiceover] Adding Stuff To the Dock: How'd I Miss This?!

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 13:39:43 -0400

Hi y'all,

This has, apparently, been a keyboard shortcut of r a long time, and I missed
it! I've confirmed that this works on older versions, as I'm setting up an
older Macbook with Snow Leopard on it for someone right now. If this is old
news, I apologize for boring y'all with it. However, I've been using Voiceover
since it came out on Tiger (with a bit of an absence in between), and been
using it regularly since 2007, so think of myself as being pretty competent
with this platform.

Anyway, I'd always advised that putting stuff in the dock is most easily
accomplished by running the application first, then selecting "Keep in dock" in
the options on the context menu. This, however, didn't work for putting folders
in the dock.

But I accidentally found a shortcut key. In the finder, find the folder, app,
whatever, that you want put in your dock, and press cmd+shift+t Voiceover will
say "Add to dock". Voila, it's on your dock. This works for folders or even
individual files.

Ya learn something new every day, I guess. Even if you've been around a while.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY