[macvoiceover] Re: A few questions from a newby

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:30:29 -0400

Hi Mary Anne and welcome to the list.

Lots of links and guides at
www.icanworkthisthing.com
under
MAC with Voiceover

A good one to get you started is, Using MAC applications with Voiceover, Leopard edition. It helps you to learn the apps that come on the MAC.

I'm sure your questions will be answered, lots of good folks on this list.

Once again, welcome.

Keith Reedy

On Oct 23, 2008, at 8:47 PM, Mary Anne Lynskey wrote:

Hi everybody. I have access to my brothers 'puter and will be giving it a spin soon. I have several questions.

What program is best for running windows along side the Mac OS?
How much memory is needed to do this?

I saw there was a thread going on here about OCR and thought I'd add that Omnipage 16 is available for the Mac. I don't know how it works as far as accessibility on the Mac, but if it is anything like Omnipage 16 Pro for Windows, it's a wonderful OCR program. Can't get much better in terms of recognition accuracy. I would highly recommend Omnipage.

Mary Anne Lynskey