[macvoiceover] Re: 7 years ago today.

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:44:50 +1200

That's pretty good longevity for a list.
I sought out this assistance fairly soon after getting my first Mac in 2008 and
I did that primarily because of VO being part of the OS.

Good work !

TF

On 30/08/2012, at 6:00 AM, Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

I began with the mac using the Voiceover screen reader in the spring of 2005
and I found that I had a lot of questions on every day use of the new
screenreader.  I was on a rather high traffic list which was very helpful, but,
I wondered if a lower traffic list would be helpful to newbies like me, so we
started this list with 6 list members 7 years ago to day.  Today we have just
under 300 list members and new folks are being added every week.

We have a great group on this list for the most part and I think we all learn
something every time some one has a problem, I know I do.

If you really want to learn, or, if you really want to help others to learn
this is the list for just that kind of thing.

We are still helping folks to learn the mac, the iPhone and the iPad and I want
to thank you all for your help.
Keith Reedy list admin
http://www.icanworkthisthing.com/
keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx