[mac4theblind] website pdf files stopped by Adobe

  • From: Stephens Leslie <leslie956@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macfortheblind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:48:53 -0500

Hello  All,
  I have run across this issue several times.  Websites with PDF  files
sometimes don't open.  My sighted husband says that an Adobe message is in the
center of the screen  which needs to have a "trust" button pressed before it
will open or allow me to print.

When I get to a link like this, the URL field voices as "html is empty".  Even
if I try to interact with the url, this is voiced.  The tab lists the link as a
pdf.  Sometimes I am able to use Safari print to get it and then save it
through the print pdf option.

But when Adobe blocks it, I have no way  of knowing this is the case or getting
through it.

Here is an example of  this.  An absentee ballot request form.

http://www.buncombecounty.org/common/election/Absentee_Ballot_Request_Form_cbe.pdf

Is there a setting  which can avoid this?  Or some way of seeing the Adobe
prompt?

Thanks in advance,
Leslie