[mac4theblind] Re: question about desktop

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 18:37:55 +0000

Further settings:

whilst in the finder preferences (Command Comma) navigate to the "sidebar" pane.
You then have a table where you can select and deselect items you want access
to in your finder windows.
you will hear that hard drives is partially checked, ensure it's fully checked
also turn off "All my files"
The reason I recommend this is the finder will present an antire directory of
all known files to the drive, a waste of time. with regards drives, thee
sidebar is a useful area for showing connected volumes, networks, attached
systems and peripherals including networked printers, scanners, etc. so is a
good access point.

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.