[mac4theblind] Re: media players and CD rippers

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:08:49 -0500

I just read the post from josh and I have to say as I have said before in this
thread that my only regret is that we can no longer utilize ogg on the mac.

Having said that, We must keep in mind that even nfb has indorsed itunes at
least as far as accessibility is concerned so I think it bears quite a bit of
scrutiny.  Everyone who I have worked with comes to love itunes at least on the
mac and it is getting better on windows all the time.

On Feb 19, 2012, at 8:42 AM, David Hilbert Poehlman wrote:

I think perhaps your trouble is that you need to set itunes up to your liking.
I also think that familiarity will lessen the pain.  I had a hard time with
itunes at first but not only have I gotten used to it, it has grown into a much
better program accessibility wise since I started using it.  My only regret is
that it no longer plays ogg files.

On Feb 18, 2012, at 9:49 PM, Tracy Duffy wrote:

I think perhaps my trouble is that itunes does so many things that it presents
itself as being too complex for me. I don't like having to do several steps in
order to play a song or a CD, for example, and I find that I run myself in
circles with all the tabs and arrowings and so forth with itunes. So, I thought
if I could find individual software for playing media in particular, or for
more specifically ripping CDs, I might have a better time of it. I run MplayerX
right now and like it very much, other than the fact that I can't figure out
now how to get it not to pick up where I left off. I don't always want it to do
that. Anyway, I thought it was worth asking to see what options people knew of.