[mac4theblind] enabling voice over on apple TV

  • From: "Kliphton" <kliphton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:29:51 -0600

I got this answer from another list.  To enable or disable voice over on the
apple TV.  Hold down the menu button, if voice over is on, there will be 2
choices, voice over is always going to be first, if you hit the enter or ok
button, it will turn voice over off, if voice over is off, holding it down
will do the same thing, stay where you are and hit the enter or okay button,
and voice over will come back on.  In order for this to work, you must
enable voice over accessibility in the settings, general, voice over area.
The second option will always be go back to main menu.  This has worked
anywhere on the apple TV for me except in YouTube, all I did is hit the menu
button twice to get to main menu, and then tried again and it worked.  HTH

Kliphton Senior

(Email&iMessage) kliphton@xxxxxxxxx

(Twitter&Skype) kliphton72

(Personal blog-read at your own risk!) http://kliphskorner.wordpress.com