[mac4theblind] Re: duck not announced by voice over since upgrading to El Capitan

  • From: Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mack for the blind list blind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 12:31:52 -0700

Oh no this is on osx. Was the bug you were experiencing in osx or el capitan?
If it is in ios I can't reproduce the issue either.

On Oct 9, 2015, at 12:04 PM, Rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
Sorry, I should have clarified in the first place, available for an IPad?

From: Eleanor burke <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, October 9, 2015 5:51 pm
Subject: [mac4theblind] Re: duck not announced by voice over since
upgrading to El Capitan

I did email access ability who wrote back and said they could not
replicate the problem and that I probably had a corrupt voice-over file
and recommended I reset my voice-over preferences I don't like their
suggestion given that others have a similar problem.

On 9 Oct 2015, at 17:40, Caitlyn Furness <caitlyn.furness@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Eleanor,

Mine is doing the same thing as yours.

If I hit vo d it does go to the dock, but doesn't announce it. If I then
hit m for mail, it says mail and I can click on it to open mail or
whatever app I want.

I just sent an email to accessibility at apple myself about this.

Just as an aside, did you do a clean install of el cap, or did you just
install it over the top of yosemite? I didn't do a clean install myself,
so I am wondering if this is the reason this might be happening..

hth,
Caitlyn

On Oct 8, 2015, at 4:30 PM, Eleanor burke <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

well I will do that but if I'm the only person I'm not sure there's a
lot there to be able to do for me. I did turn off voice-over and back on
again and it worked initially but then stopped working again.

On 8 Oct 2015, at 21:28, Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Odd. it's been working for me for the week I've had el capitan
installed.. I would email accessibility@xxxxxxxxx and report it. Hurry
though as they are already starting work on osx 10.12 or what ever will
be out next.
On Oct 8, 2015, at 12:03 PM, Neela (Redacted sender "Neela4" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

well it did work for me once but not again so I just thought people
might of thoughts on it.

On 8 Oct 2015, at 19:57, Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It works for me. I don't have this issue. and I don't recall anyone
else having this issue wither.

Take care..
On Oct 8, 2015, at 11:31 AM, Eleanor burke
<eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

well the subject line says it all. why has doc stopped being
announced ? I have not altered any speech settings. I know I get to
the doc because voice-over says application but it does not say what
application I am on.

Sent from a Braille Sense

Sent from a Braille Sense