[mac4theblind] contracted Braille input on macbook with Refreshabraille

  • From: Scott Davert <scottslistmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 15:07:18 -0400

Hi all.
I'm not sure if this is a mac issue, or a setting that I don't have
configured properly. When writing a file in text edit with the
refreshabraille's perkins style keyboard, every time I write letters,
no matter how quickly I write them, each letter is translated as a
word. For example, if I wrote the word cat, Lion interprets it as:
"canathat". I understand if you braille too slowly that this is an
issue with the iOS devices, but I'm composing this with my RB on my
iPhone right now and there are no such errors as you can see.

Thank in advance for any help!
Scott