[mac4theblind] Speed up by disabling Screen Sharing

  • From: Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mack for the blind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:34:18 -0700

Speed up by disabling Screen Sharing

I am trying to squeeze some more speed out of my Mac, as it is necessary for me
to also use a Windows emulator on it.

I have tried to clean up things, and I noticed that when I turned off the three
following launchd processess, with the free utility Lingon, at least it
appeared to run marginally faster.
        • Start Lingon (google Lingon downloads).
        • Find the processes listed below in the lowest three groups in
Lingon's sidebar.
        • Select, Disable, Save, and Confirm with your Administrator password
for each of them.
com.apple.RFBEventHelper
com.apple.RFBRegisterMDNS_ScreenSharing.server
com.apple.RFBRegisterMDNS_RemoteManagement.server

Then

http://bit.ly/g23NVl