[mac4theblind] Re: Responding back again

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 20:45:23 +0000

Sorry? Who is tom?

Yes, as you say, purchasing a windows PC to spec and then purchasing JAWS, The
SMA license etc is further expense, in fact you're looking at double the value
of a mac.

To give you a guide line on the major advantages of a mac of today's
specifications over any windows based system, here's what matters…

1: A windows machine is not secure.
2: A windows machine cannot be fully recovered by a blind user without sighted
assistance or suitable professional experience in recovering the OS from a non
spoken method by predicting events.
3: Drivers are specific to each windows system and knowing what hardware you
have is crucial when performing a recovery or build process.
4: Performing windows updates can make your windows system unstable and buggy.
These are just some of the problems you'd encounter here.

With a mac, OS X is  more secure, incredibly stable and faster than windows,
requires less initial storage for a full installation for the OS, has a blind
friendly recovery process that can be performed over the internet as well as by
pen drive (creating a recovery pen drive necessary. We will teach you this).
All drivers for the mac are built into the OS, so there's nothing to do. Just
boot your mac and go. The mac is the only system available that fully adapts to
a blind user, from the consumer to the professional.

Take as an example, if your mac developed an OS issue, you accidentally
corrupted the OS, etc, in most cases, the inbuilt recovery drive will be your
point of call. It will allow you to re-install the OS either clean or as a
repair, or if it's serious, you can net boot the OS, run voiceover at the
start, use the tools you need and away you go, it speaks the entire process to
you, so it allows you to set your mac up the way you want to. No need for
technicians, sighted assistants, etc.

Voiceover gives you support to learn the interface through training materials
over the internet, the voiceover key helper and the voiceover quickstart guide,
so after a while, you'll be proficient in Voiceover and OS X.

We can support you with any help you need. I as a technician offer full support
from basic learning of the OS through to supplying settings to improve the
overall usability of the OS, through to advanced troubleshooting and repair
instructions, etc. John P (Admin) is also a technical wizard and has showcased
some of my write-ups on his site, Scot Granados is another tech guy and there
are many others here who can help you get the best out of your mac. We could
even offer a 100% free SLEDGE HAMMER service. this, as the name suggests… is
where we could, for the fun of it, destroy your windows PC. JUST JOKING…..
ish…. lol

That's a service I offer. if you move to mac and you hate windows, I recover
the windows machine, take out the hard drive, Ram, optical drive and anything
of use and then take a sledge hammer for personal enjoyment sake. hehehehehhe.
Well, you have to have some fun in the technology sector? Surely…..

I must be barking mad… WOOF WOOF WWWOOF!

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.