[mac4theblind] OT: Does Itunes lock the internet?

  • From: "Benjamin Blatter" <benjaminblatter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:08:11 +0100

Hi to all

I have a thinkpad Notebook, running still Win XP Pro.
Now about two days ago there was this new itunes update available. Ok, I
thought I could install it.
So I did and after that I can't connect to the internet anymore with any
browser. I only use wired LAN-connection.

I reinstalled the Ethernet Adapter, tried different ethernet cables.
I even did a reset of the windows system on partition C, which was mirrored
a few years ago.
No chance.

I know the most of you are apple people which probably don't have much to do
with windows anymore. But maybe you can give me some advice.
I still can access the LAN from computer to another. but I can't open a
webpage anymore. It just says that I don't have connection.
Maybe you know what itunes is doing and how I could fix it.

I'd be grateful for any help, before I have to call for technical support
Thanks and kind regards
Ben