[mac4theblind] Re: Downloading with a Mac

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:57:14 -0400

it will not unzip the file when copied to the card. What I do is right arrow on
it, you have to be in column view )command-1) for this to work.  copy the
folder that is inside the zip to the dbt directory on your card.

On Oct 23, 2011, at 7:02 PM, Lena Contreras wrote:

Hi
I'm going to tackle downloading from the BARD site to my Mac and then to my SD
card for my Victor Stream.  Can someone give me instructions on how to do this?
 How do I tell the Mac where to download the book?  I know the Mac will unzip
the file when I right arrow on it.  That is much easier than Windows.  Will the
Mac automatically unzip the file when it is copied to the card?
I have a SD slot on my computer.
Thanks much.
I did download something the other day, not an NLS book, and told the computer
where to save the file but can't remember how I did it.

Lena

with his
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
reducing technology's disabilities