[mac4theblind] Bulk convert text files to PDF

  • From: Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mack for the blind list blind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:50:38 -0700

I am not going to use this as I don't have to do this but this might be useful
for those that want to do this or have a need.

Bulk convert text files to PDF

Here is a quick AppleScript droplet to bulk convert text files (plain text,
rich text, html, some code files like C and javascript files...) to PDF format.

Copy the following script into the AppleScript Editor
(/Applications/Utilities/AppleScript Editor) and save it as an application.

Then drag-and-drop files onto it to convert them to PDFs.
on open theFiles
 set oldTID to AppleScript's text item delimiters
 repeat with thisFile in theFiles
   -- get file path as posix path
   set inputFilePath to POSIX path of thisFile

   -- create output path - same name with .pdf extension
   set AppleScript's text item delimiters to "."
   set outputFilePathBits to text items of inputFilePath
   set last text item of outputFilePathBits to "pdf"
   set outputFilePath to outputF ...

make any changes to their list subscription is: