strict.lua with stripped bytecode

  • From: Cosmin Apreutesei <cosmin.apreutesei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 04:29:43 +0300

Hi,

I noticed a small incompatibility between Lua and LJ2.1 on how each
choses to set the debug.getinfo().what field in the absence of line
info (i.e. when used on code loaded from stripped bytecode). I know
this is not strictly an incompatibility because there is no spec on
the matter, but it breaks bytecode loaded after strict.lua, so I just
thought I'd mention it, in case anyone bumps into this obscure
scenario.

There's no way to differentiate between "function inside the chunk"
and "the chunk function itself" without line info, right?