Re: question about LuaJIT testsuite

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1311@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 13:45:08 +0100

Jiong. Wang wrote:
> Is there any specific testsuite which I could reuse to verify my LuaJIT
> backend.

I have a test suite. But I cannot easily release it because I made
the mistake to just collect snippets from everywhere with various
attributions and copyrights and didn't bother to write down where
I got them from. I really don't have the time or energy to sort it
all out.

Also, there's a test suite for Lua 5.1. But it's not geared towards
testing a JIT compiler. And it doesn't differentiate between
language-specific tests and implementation-specific tests. It can be
used to test parts of the LuaJIT interpreter with a few changes.

> I just started the practical porting of LuaJIT to TileGX processor, now
> the assembly optimized VM interpreter start to work and pass a simple
> helloworld case. So I am thinking if there is any mature testsuite that
> could help me to go further verification. If there is no, what I can
> think of is using LuaJIT instead of minilua to bootstrap LuaJIT.

Is there a publicly available emulator for the architecture?
Similar to QEMU user-mode? If yes, then I can offer to run my
tests against it.

BTW: I hope you based your work on LuaJIT 2.1 as this is the
     mainline for new developments.