[ANN] gcc-lua: Lua plugin for the GNU Compiler Collection

  • From: Peter Colberg <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:42:22 -0400

Hi,

It is my pleasure to announce gccâlua, a Lua plugin for the GNU
Compiler Collection. gccâlua extends the GNU Compiler Collection with
the ability to run Lua scripts. The plugin provides an interface to
register callback functions for plugin events, and inspect the
abstract syntax tree of a translation unit.

gccâlua supports GCC 4.6 or 4.7, and, Lua 5.1 or 5.2, or LuaJIT.

http://colberg.org/gcc-lua/

Please give it a try on your favourite GNU/Linux or BSD, and let me
know if there are problems, or if you have suggestions on how to
improve the instructions or reference documentation.

Next, I will be finishing a C declaration composer, which uses gcc-lua
to generate C code from function, variable or type declarations. This
should pave the way for writing portable, forward-compatible LuaJIT
FFI bindings for any C library, and make it feasible for distributions
to package FFI bindings.

Regards,
Peter